April 28, 2010

Hal Sparks: Comedic Persona, Rockin’ Style.

Originally from Peak’s Mill, Kentucky, comedian Hal Sparks began his comedy as a young member of the group Second City Troupe. In 1987 he was named Funniest Teenager in Chicago by the Chicago Sun Times.

After a great start, Sparks moved to Los Angeles. He has performed a lot of his stand-up in the comedy clubs there such as The Improv, The Comedy Store, and The Laugh Factory.

Television has also influenced Sparks’ comedy career, as he was the host of the hit show Talk Soup. He has also appeared on numerous episodes of I Love The 70’s, I Love The 80’s, I Love the 80’s Strikes Back, and I Love The 90’s on VH1. Hal had a long run as co-star on the show famous show Queer as Folk as well.

Hal has had a stint in the movie industry appearing in Spiderman 2, among many others. He has done some voice acting in Dr. Dolittle 2 in addition.

When not busy with comedy or acting, Hal is a singer/song writer.

I had seen Hal long ago on Talk Soup when I was real young. He came up again on all of those shows on VH1, and this time I took notice. His wit was apparent and his commentary was hilarious. I was hooked on those I Love the… shows for the longest time, and Hal was a big reason for that. An old favorite of mine, I had not seen him on TV in such a long time. I stumbled upon his stand-up on Youtube and he is just as funny as I remember. He has new material and is still performing stand-up live, so make sure you check out Hal Sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment