March 17, 2010

Chris Hardwick: Hard ‘n Phirm


Hailing from Memphis, Tennessee, Chris Hardwick left his “hick” roots behind in 1988 to move to L.A. There he attended UCLA and joined their Stand-Up Comedy Club in 1990. During the early to mid ‘90s, Hardwick hosted various shows on MTV including Trashed and Singled Out. In 1999 Hardwick began his full-time stand-up career.

Also musically inclined, Chris is part of the musical comedy duo Hard ‘n Phirm, along with Mike Phirman. Chris’s television career did not get left behind in the ‘90s, as he is the host, producer, and writer of Web Soup. He also appears frequently on Attack of the Show as the show’s resident Tech Correspondent. You can see him offering his comedic opinions on Chelsea Lately as well, where he is often invited to be a panelist.

I watch Attack of the Show on the G4 network all the time, which is where I first saw Chris. Even when he was just talking about technology, I could tell he was funny and had an engaging personality. I then started watching Web Soup when it came out, and here I saw more of Chris’s hilarity in action as he cracked jokes at viral videos on the internet. Recently I looked into his stand-up by searching for videos on comedycentral.com, and I liked what I found. His candid opinions and matter-of-fact jokes make his comedic style casual, yet still hysterical. Because of this I would definitely recommend him to anyone who likes comedy, and to anyone who loves video games and technology, watch him on Attack of the Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment